Saturday, March 26, 2011

Weirdest ..... Soup ....... EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been battling this new found allergy thing. I was great for a few days and now I am going downhill! I have tried 3 different allergy meds and none seem to relieve more than 37%. UGH! So, I am taking matters into my own hands! I am unclogging my nose on my own .... Well, with the help of a weird soup! ..... A month ago, I bought 30 cans of Progresso. I LOVE SOUP! They were next to nothing at Publix so I stocked up. Now I am left with Clam Chowder ... Totally not in the mood for that! .... Time to get creative ..... Before I tell you the weirdness that I created, let me give you a little background ..... When I was younger, my dad would mix just about any and everything. He would put it all in his "Jethro bowl" and then crush up Doritos and throw some ranch dressing on it.... Now (with that disclaimer) here is what I made ..... I boiled some water and threw some chicken bouillon in it. Then I tossed in some brussel sprouts, onions, creamed corn, and diced tomatoes with chiles..... My original plan was onions, carrots and corn .... When I went to Publix today (to get my free produce .... gotta love coupons) I looked at the beautiful 89 cents carrots! BUT there was the guy in the way!!! So I grabbed my lettuce, squash, zucchini and onion and I FORGOT to get my carrots :( AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I improvised and found some frozen brussel sprouts in my freezer! Hot diggity dog! ...... Oh yeah! I tossed in some money makin' Mueller's pasta, too! ..... As with all soup, I put a dollop of sour cream in it (I guess that is like my ranch dressing?!?!?!?!?)! Note to all: I had an unstuffed nose by the fourth bite! Wooooo Hooooooo! Mission Accomplished! ..... After I stirred in the sour cream, I had the great idea to take a picture and post a blog about it! Rock on "Brussel corny stinky chile creamy etc soup!"

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear!!!! I didn't like one ingredient in that soup :)

    Put it was creative and thirfty :)

    ReplyDelete